We all know that the world is going paperless. What happens when you setup a bank account?
The first thing they will ask you is “do you want to go paperless?”
Similar things are happening in the data storage arena. In the future, more and more data will be stored in the cloud instead of your external hard drives. People are using digital cameras, smartphones, tablets and such and nobody will want all that data clogging up their devices. So where is it going to be stored? …In the cloud.
New and simple technologies are being developed right now. Just take a look at companies like Dropbox™, GotBackup etc. Last year, only 7% of people were using a cloud storage programs like these, at the end of this year it is supposed to be as high as 40%.
So what’s the problem with external hard drives and why are people moving toward automated systems?
External hard drives can be stolen, they can be lost, they have a lifetime value of just about 2 years, and its just not “set and forget” because you have to plug them into your laptop and backup your files!
Cloud storage runs on both PC’s and MAC’s, and your data gets backed up automatically as you add content to your devices. Now you may ask yourself “What is there to do then?”
1. You install a very simple piece of software on your PC.
2. You click on “manage backup” and click the files you want to backup. Lets say you want to backup your photos. No problem. See when you have UNLIMITED STORAGE, you do not worry about anything, as you can literally backup EVERYTHING on your computer, you do not have to pick and choose, you just simply backup EVERYTHING.
3. When your data is in the cloud, you can access it from anywhere in the world. You could use any hotel lobby computer to access your data by logging into your account, and pulling up the documents, photos or videos you are looking for or want to share.
4. Lets say you are on a business trip and you forgot your Powerpoint Presentation. You can grab it from the cloud.
5. Depending on what package you choose, you can backup ONE single PC, or MULTIPLE DEVICES
The cloud stores pictures in their original size, not compressed sizes. And you can share them directly from there, and sent them to anyone in the world you choose to. And this does not just apply to pictures, but also to Videos, Music, Documents, Movies etc. And… contrary to what people believe, it is very secure!
With 256 bit encryption (just like what banks use) your data is 100% secure. Here are the facts… We are at the beginning of a trend that will grow by leaps and bounds over the next years as the world continues to be more digital!
For me personally, there is really no way to know which file is important out of tens of thousands of files I have on my PC, so why not just backup EVERYTHING. It just makes sense with an UNLIMITED backup for my PC, Computer, Tablet, Iphone and so on. Every piece of data I have is available to me from anywhere in the world at a click of a button! That is why I am using GotBackup.
- By now you are probably wondering what this UNLIMITED backup service could possibly cost? Here is what is so amazing about this:
- It is just $8.99 per month. YES, that is correct, not even 10 Dollars a month!
Have questions? Leave a comment.